The Starry Night at REC Bar, Auckland - Tuesday 7 November 2017
The concept is simple - Grab a brush in one hand, a drink in the other, and paint a masterpiece!
Join us for a creative night of drinking and painting in the heart of Britomart! No previous painting experience necessary! Get your creative juices flowing and your brush strokes going!
What is Cork & Canvas?
It’s a social painting class where our artists will run you through step-by-step instructions on how to create your very own masterpiece in a fun and relaxed bar in Auckland. Perfect for dates, wining with mates or for meeting new friends.
We provide all the materials you need (high-quality canvas, acrylic paint, brushes). All you need to bring is your creative spirit (or find some at the bottom of a glass). At the end of the night you will leave with your own painting ready to hang up on your wall.
The need to know:
Address: REC Bar, 38 Customs St East (opposite Orleans)
Date: Tuesday 7 November 2017
Time: 7pm to 9pm (Arrive for 6:45pm, painting starts at 7pm)
Drinks: Your first one is FREE.
So what are you going to be painting?
This evening we're going to be painting one of Vincent Van Gogh's most famous paintings, outside of that bunch of flowers he painted after he cut off his ear (magic mushrooms are crazy kids). The Starry Night was inspired by his chronic visions while housed in an insane asylum in Paris. To true form, he was able to articulate his odd visions into what is now a beautiful contrast of colour and vivid brush strokes - something we surely wouldn't be able to do after taking the amount of acid he must have been on.
Wednesday's Event Includes:
- 2-hour step-by-step painting session led by our experienced artist.
- All painting materials needed to complete your masterpiece.
- A complimentary alcoholic/non-alcoholic drink of your choice.
- Acrylic paint on high-quality stretched canvas.
- Photos taken throughout the session & posted on our Facebook page.
- Heaps of fun exploring your creative side.
- A one-of-a-kind masterpiece to take home.
- and best of all - we clean up!
The fine print:
- We only reserve seats once we have received payment in full.
- Your first drink is included in your ticket, subsequent drinks can be purchased from the venue.
- No BYO is allowed as we have alcoholic, low alcoholic, non-alcoholic options available for purchase and water is provided for free.
- If you cannot make it to the event, a 72-hour courtesy notice prior to the event beginning is required in order for us to issue a credit to another event, and can be done by contacting us at email@example.com
- No shows will not be rescheduled unless prior notice is given. Under no circumstance will a refund be issued for any event.
- If you are unable to attend and contact us before the 72-hour courtesy period we won't be able to provide you with a refund or credit.